Saturday, December 10, 2011

Mountaineering is my hobby ^___^


"Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than we can ever learn from books."
John Lubbock

One of my beloved sport is Mountaineering, it taught me different kinds of things from self-discipline to loving mother earth.  I’m not fond of getting dirty, feeling uncomfortable but this sport changed me a lot. In the mountains it’s you and your colleagues alone. No one is going to be there to cook your food for you nor will wash the dishes that you used.  Being out of your comfort zone made me realize many things, First is that I am not really afraid of the dark, different insects and whenever I do strenuous activities I don’t really get tired instantly. Mountaineering is 10% Physical and 90% Mental. Its using your mind pushing yourself to the limit of what you can do. Before whenever I climb the stairs it felt like I ran for a 10 lap jog. But in the mountains we walk 6-14 hours maximum with heavy equipment in our bag I guess the sport really can bring the best and worst out in you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Blogroll